Last year in December/early January I stayed in Hong Kong for around 2 weeks! It’s been around 15 years since I went there (gosh I feel so old now lol), so I didn’t really remember much about it besides that we went to the night markets a lot haha :eheh
I mainly hung out around Mongkok and I’m so glad that I had friends there at the same time so we got to hung out. Even though it’s great going on holidays with your parents since they pay for most things, I think it’s a better experience exploring around with friends :shinyred
One day while we were shopping around, we happened to come across a LINE promotional event! They were promoting the video calling features of the app. LINE and LINE Camera are my favourite apps at the moment, I love all the sticker designs they have and they’re fun apps to use wakuwaku
It took us a while to get to the front of the line, but after we checked into the event on Facebook, they showed us the new features and I got a Bear clearfile and Sally mini notebook.
I was surprised to see how popular LINE is over there, I got free Cony (the rabbit) tissues when I was at a convenience store and saw some toothpaste brand or something promoting bowls with the faces of the characters :XD
Hong Kong is a heaven for shopping – cosmetic and clothing stores everywhere! Ever since I started to get into cosplay more last year, I’ve hardly bought anything casual clothing to wear so I used it as a chance to stock up Winter wear :bunny These are just some of the things which I’ve bought. These were taken from my instagram so I’ll probably post more about the other items I bought later when I wear them lol.
I’ve tried my best to remember where I’ve bought the items/brand names so I apologise in advance that I can’t remember more details.
1. Adhesive matches –Francfranc. This store has lots of lovely homeware items.
2. Alpaca jumper (label says Mouth Valley), cat blouse and hair accessories (brand: Suye) were all from stores in Allied Plaza, Prince Edward.
3. Jackets were by IPZONE. They had an awesome deal to buy one jacket & get the second one for only $1 more so I ended up paying HKD600 for 2 jackets!
4. Got these from stalls in Argyle Centre. This place is jam packed with stalls (like an indoor market) selling really cheap pieces. I saw basic skirts/shorts selling for around AU$5! The downside is that isle is really narrow and it’s so hard to walk around because there’s so many people. If you’re not fond of crowds, I suggest you start shopping here earlier, like around 12pm~1pm. From memory the beanie was AU$10, sweater AU$7, shirt AU$15.
5. Boots by Puzzle which I think you can find in i.t shoes stores. I light how they’re light and not chunky.
6. Loafers by Oxbridge Town. I really like this brand! I also got a pair of shiny black boots by them.
7. Instax film is super cheap in HK, I think it’s roughly the same price as in Japan. From memory I paid AU$35 for the pack of 5 film and shiny star box. Also got a Mikoto ball-chain plushie from this store that sells Animate and legit goods! If I can help it I prefer not buying fake/unlicensed goods (not including fan art).
1. Etude House is amazing to visit in store lol, I went there 3 times and I think between my sister and I we spent HKD1400+ hahaha nyoo I think it’ll soo take over my current reign of Dolly Wink products lol. In this first photo I got the Precious Mineral BB Cream cotton fit no2 Light beige and Drawing Show Brush Liner in Black. This is my favourite eyeliner atm (this is my 3rd time buying it lol), the tip is really thin and easy to control and the ink is really pigmented! It’s not waterproof though. It was my first time trying the bbcream from this series and I like it so far. I usually use the Canmake Perfect Serum BB Cream, so it was nice having a lighter feeling BB cream.
2. This was from my second haul at Etude House. I got the Surprise Stick Concealer shade #1 since a friend recommended it to me. I like the creamy texture of it and it conceals well! I also got oil blotting paper and brown mascara which I haven’t used yet, so I’ll probably post about it later. Another one of my favourite products is the Styling Eyeliner. I got it to replace my Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil since I forgot to buy it when I went to Sephora. I think it works quite well, it’s glides on easily and I’m happy with the amount of pigment and shimmer.
3. This peach fragrance cream (AU15) is super cute and just using a little bit gives off a strong scent. I got it from a Japanese stall at SOGO. So many Japanese products and shops there, one of my favourite department stores. I also got the cute clay horse (AU10) since it’s my zodiac this year.
4. Bought this for like $5 from Watsons! I love the fragrance, it’s a pretty fresh and fruity scent. It does make my hair smooth and shiny after I spray and comb it but I wouldn’t say it lasts all day. But then it could be my hair is drier atm since I got my hair permed.
And that’s all for part one! Any requests for more photos are welcomed :chuuu
Next post will be about food and Disneyland!